After four long intense months of waiting and anticipation, the Steam page for Chuhou Joutai 2: Paraided! is now live. The game was first teased in November 2020 and officially announced on New Year’s Day of 2021. The demo was released on March 5, 2021 to overwhelmingly positive reviews with the beta released on April 30, 2021. Drillimation’s goal with the sequel was to make it better than the first one, and they did just that.
You can still play the beta on itch.io (click here to view it), which you will need to acquire at the purchase price of $4.99, €4.13, £3.59. If you pay, you will get a free Steam key to the full game scheduled to release on July 2, 2021. A free demo for the game is also available to download on itch.io.
Even though the first Chuhou Joutai took a year and a half to develop before the beta released, this game took only five months. Below is the timeline of the game’s development. More of this is to come in the game’s behind the scenes blog post.
- June 2020 – Pre-production begins.
- August 2020 – Development on Touhou 2: The Story of Eastern Wonderland NES Demake begins.
- October 2020 – Touhou 2: The Story of Eastern Wonderland NES Demake completes development.
- November 2020 – Chuhou Joutai 2: Paraided! begins development. The game is also first teased.
- January 2021 – Chuhou Joutai 2: Paraided! is officially announced.
- March 2021 – The demo for Chuhou Joutai 2: Paraided! is released.
- April 2021 – The beta for Chuhou Joutai 2: Paraided! is released.
- May 2021 – Drillimation announces the game had completed development. The Steam page also goes up later the same month.
- July 2021 – Chuhou Joutai 2: Paraided! is released.
Click here to view the Steam page.