Last week, I made my first visit to Whitethorn Digital where I spoke with its CEO Matthew White regarding Touhou Kourinden. While this was my first, it will never be my last as I will make future trips to Whitethorn throughout the development of Touhou Kourinden ~ Mythos of Phantasmagoria to test the game and make corrections to ensure it meets their philosophy. Either at the end of this year or in early 2023, we might have a playable demo for Kourinden out, so that we can gather feedback from you and smash any bugs that were left behind in the process.
The development schedule for Kourinden will go like this:
- Engine Development and Act I: June 22, 2022 – September 30, 2022
- Act II: October 1, 2022 – December 31, 2022
- Act III: January 1, 2023 – March 31, 2023
- Act IV: April 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023
- Act V: July 1, 2023 – September 30, 2023
- Act IV: October 1, 2023 – December 31, 2023
- Post-production: First half of 2024
We are hoping to complete development by the end of 2023. We created a private GitHub to back up the game’s files and we have zipped up the files for backup purposes if in the inevitable event of a hard drive failure during development.