Drillimation Systems has made the decision to leave the online mode for the Touhou 3: The Phantasmagoria of Dimensional Dreams NES Demake out in the initial release and up to modders to implement a proper online mode that would be added in a future update. This came following complicated circumstances in programming an online mode in a game, which Drillimation had done in previous games like Chuhou Joutai for uploading high scores.
The online leaderboards were dropped in Chuhou Joutai 2: Paraided! after a survey confirmed that very few players were actually using it in the first game. Local multiplayer modes are available in the two Chuhou Joutai games as well as the upcoming demake and are very easy to implement in GameMaker, though additional accessories (two XInput controllers are the minimum) are required for this feature.
If you are a programmer fluent in GameMaker language and are interested in programming an online mode for the game, please fire an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Setting up multiplayer servers to connect clients
- Integrating gameplay code with server engineering
- Finding solutions to technical problems
- Solving problems without peers as network programmers, as well as working with other team members
Requirements for position:
- Certificate, Associate’s, or Bachelor’s degree in computer science or programming. This isn’t mandatory but is recommended. A good background in programming and networking is a must.
- Good knowledge of the GameMaker engine, including a good background in GML. This includes having completed at least one project in GameMaker Studio.
- At least two years of experience in the video game industry, including programming.
- Understanding of network protocols such as TCP, UDP, and HTTP.
- Good understanding of mathematics.
- Not mandatory but recommended: good communication skills in English and Japanese.