Due to the transition from iOS to PC for certain Instagram liking activity, some likes were reportedly failing to register due to Something Went Wrong errors. There are a number of probable causes:
- Likes can fail to register if the servers are down. The best way to check if Instagram is down is to check DownDetector. Instagram makes no guarantee that their servers will be up and running 100% of the time. If in the event the servers are down, they cannot be held responsible for lost and/or missing data.
- Every time Instagram launches, it stores whatever a user does in a cache. Over time, cache can build up and eventually become a cluttered mess, causing likes to fail to register. Clearing cache can sometimes solve the problem, though the user may need to re-login.
- Logging in to Facebook can sometimes work, though it is never guaranteed that the problem will be resolved.
- Sometimes waiting a while can resolve the issue. Instagram has limits to reduce spam and downtime.
- If none of the above works, sometimes bugs can do this to you for no reason. Contacting Instagram can help resolve the issue.