How long does one playthrough take?
One playthrough of the game will take 15-30 minutes, depending on the speed of you and your computer.
How do I get unstuck from the wall?
We are aware of an issue where players can get stuck in the wall after getting hit by the yin-yang orb. If you are stuck in the wall, face the direction of the wall you’re stuck in and push the X key/B button to perform a slide. Reimu will bump into the wall as usual and you should get out of it.
What are the differences from the original?
Because this is a remake of an older game, here are some of the differences we list:
- Controls have been simplified.
- We gave you much more time to complete stages.
- Reimu can now endure multiple hits before a death is declared.
- All bosses now flinch after getting hit by the yin-yang orb.
- Bombs now clear only a part of the screen and not the entire level.
- All strobe effects present in the original were also removed. This change was likely made in order to prevent players from having an epileptic fit.
However, some features are still missing, and we hope to add them in future updates.
Why was the game delayed from January 17 to January 31?
Well, we couldn’t get it done in time because the Prophet was busy with schoolwork and such. Luckily, we managed to get the game done in time. The game is out and playable now. No need to ask.
Reimu isn’t moving when I play the game using a keyboard. What’s wrong?
This was an issue we fixed in the version 1.1.1 update. GameMaker treats the D-pad and thumbsticks differently. The problem arose due to the thumbstick axis reading “0” and when it is at that value, Reimu stops moving. Reimu should be able to move using a keyboard now. In the meantime, we recommend you read the support article for fixing erratic controller behavior or unrecognized controllers.
The game crashes after getting KO’d during the fight with YuuganMagan or Elis.
This issue was fixed in the version 1.1.2 update. No need to tell us.