Problem: You have a Blue Screen or other related issue on your computer.
If your computer is having an issue resulting in a Blue Screen of Death (on Windows) or a kernel panic (on macOS) and you believe Chuhou Joutai or another Drillimation product is causing it, please contact Drillimation Systems.
Rarely, your computer may experience a software or hardware issue that requires a restart. When this happens, you may see a screen similar to this:
Blue Screens and Kernel Panics are usually caused by software installed on your machine, or by devices connected to it. If the issue causes your machine to do this every time you use it, it will eventually shut down.
Blue Screens or Kernel Panics can be caused by any of the following:
- You may be using outdated and/or corrupted drivers
- System files on your machine may be corrupt and/or mismatched with other files
- You may have a virus or malware infection on your device
- Some applications or services running on your machine may be causing your machine to crash
To resolve the error, follow these steps:
- Install all available Windows or macOS updates until your machine reports it is up to date.
- Remove any peripherals connected to your machine, and check the owner’s manual to see if it is compatible with your hardware configuration. If you recently updated Windows or macOS, a peripheral you’re using may no longer be compatible with your system. Using older peripherals can cause compatibility issues on newer machines.
- Test the peripheral on another machine to see if the same issue occurs. If it does on the other machine, then there is likely an issue with the peripheral itself. If it doesn’t, there may be an issue with your machine itself.
- It is recommend you place your system in a cool environment. Overheated components on your machine can cause problems, including the aforementioned error. If you’re using a laptop, use a cooling pad.
- Install any driver updates. The update will remove the faulty files and replace them. If updating doesn’t work, then it may not be compatible with your hardware configuration.
- Run System File Checker. This will scan your machine for corrupt/missing files. The process may take some time, so be patient. In some cases, you will need your Windows installation disc. If you don’t have the disc, contact your system manufacturer for assistance.
- Scan your machine for viruses. Malware can cause your machine to perform strangely or even operate without your consent. If you don’t have antivirus software installed on your machine, you can download and install Microsoft Security Essentials for free here.
- Start your machine in Safe Mode. Play the game as you normally do and see if the error occurs there. If it does, continue onto the next step.
- Start your machine in a Clean Boot environment, but only do this if you don’t experience the error. A startup item could likely be causing the issue and performing a Clean Boot can help.
- Test your system’s RAM. Faulty RAM can cause issues in Windows and macOS. Using memory diagnostics tools can check your RAM. This process may take some time, so be patient. If a problem is detected, then your RAM modules will need to be replaced. The ones you’re using may not be compatible with your motherboard or hardware configuration, or may have stopped working due to age or overheating.
- If none of the above resolves the issue then you can perform a System Restore to restore your machine back to a time before the issue started. This will not damage any files, but may remove recently-installed applications, including the game itself. Make sure you back up your save data before doing this.
Diagnosing a recurring blue screen or kernel panic can be difficult. If you need help with this process, consider opening a ticket at Microsoft or Apple Support, or you can take your computer to your local IT department for service. A service fee may also be charged.
If none of the above steps worked, then you may need to reinstall Windows or macOS. Doing this will remove all your files and applications, so make sure you back up your data before doing so.