Problem: You hear intermittent noise during gameplay of Touhou 4: Lotus Land Story NES Demake.
- Touhou 4: Lotus Land Story NES Demake
- Touhou 5: Mystic Square NES Demake
- Chuhou Joutai 3: Three Nights of Scarlet Abscess
Due to Touhou 4: Lotus Land Story NES Demake running on a new sound engine, this problem can happen if the game slows down frequently during gameplay, and as a result, the music can stutter and/or produce noise.
Slowness in a game can be difficult to diagnose, but the most common reason why this can happen is if your computer doesn’t meet the system requirements. If you have insufficient graphical and/or processing hardware, the game could run too slowly.
To avoid this problem, try the following suggestions:
- Make sure you are playing the latest version of the game. Bugs can also cause this issue.
- Make sure that all other applications are closed. Also, never run any CPU or GPU-intensive programs while playing the game. Some programs that commonly run in the background include third-party virus scanners and screensavers.
- Uninstall any bloatware installed on your machine.
- Scan your computer for viruses to ensure no malicious programs are interfering with your computer’s resources. If you don’t have anti-virus software installed on your machine, you can download and install Microsoft Security Essentials for free here.
- Disable graphical effects such as Windows Aero and/or taskbar transparency.
- If you’re playing on Linux, disable compositing/desktop effects. When disabled, all window managers give similar performance without the need for a lightweight one.
- Install all available system and driver updates until your machine reports it is up-to-date. If you recently updated your graphics card or driver, the game may lag a little as it needs to get used to the new system.
- We recommend you place your system in a cool environment. If you’re using a laptop, use a cooling pad.
- Try playing the game in windowed mode and in low-res mode.