Problem: You receive an error saying Chrome blocked your download of a Drillimation product due to it being guilty of malware, with the following message:
“This file is dangerous, so Chrome has blocked it.”
Google Chrome by default blocks downloads from websites known to distribute files that may harm your computer. Generally in Google Search, you may see the message “This site may harm your computer” or “This site may be hacked” when Chrome thinks the website you are about to visit may install malware on your machine. For more information, read Google’s article on blocked downloads here.
The message won’t go away unless the owner takes action. In the meantime, you will need to disable it temporarily to avoid it, if it’s the case of Drillimation. To do this:
- Open Settings from the Chrome Menu.
- Under Privacy and Security, click Safe Browsing.
- Change the Security Level to “No protection.”
- Redownload the file you were trying to download.
- Once your download is complete, repeat steps 1 – 3 but set your security level back to “Standard Protection.”