Some players are reportedly witnessing an issue with Chuhou Joutai or another Drillimation game closing unexpectedly after opening.
NOTE: Some of the solutions may require a restart of your PC, so we recommend you print out this page for future reference.
This problem can happen after you install a botched Windows Update that could potentially break your system, but this can also be caused by third-party software conflicts as well. This can also happen if:
- You may be using outdated and/or corrupted drivers
- You may have a virus or malware infection on your device
Method 1: Uninstall the Botched Windows Update
To uninstall a Windows Update:
- Open Windows Update.
- Go under View Update History.
- Click on Uninstall Updates.
- When the Installed Updates window appears, click Installed On twice to list it in the order in which they were installed.
- Select the first update in the list and then click Uninstall or Change.
- Follow the on-screen prompts. Once it is done, restart your PC, and try running the game again.
If that doesn’t work and the game is still closing upon startup, move on to the next step.
Method 2: Uninstall any Third-Party Software
If you believe a specific app is causing this issue, close it and/or uninstall it. There is a possibility a bug in the app may be causing it, and contact the app’s developer to see if there is an update. If that doesn’t work and the game is still closing upon startup, move on to the next step.
Method 3: Perform a System Restore
You can also remove a faulty Windows Update through a system restore. To do this:
- Under Search, open Create a Restore Point in Control Panel.
- When the window appears, click System Restore.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to choose the most recently created Restore Point from the list.
- Once you click Finish, the restore process will begin. This may take 30 to 45 minutes, so be patient.
If any of the above methods did not solve the problem, please contact Drillimation Systems.
If you were or weren’t able to resolve the issue, make note of the following:
- Make sure the game is compatible with your version of Windows by checking the system requirements.
- Make sure you are playing the latest version of the game. Bugs can also cause this issue too. You can report bugs to Drillimation via the discussion boards on itch.io (account required) or Github (account required).
- Check to make sure that all other applications are closed during gameplay. All of our products require 1GB of RAM to run. Some programs that commonly run in the background include third-party virus scanners and screensavers.
- Over time, the fragments on your hard drive become smaller and smaller, and the files on your computer will eventually become a tangled mess. When this happens, system performance will begin to slow down as it needs more time to access data from the disk. Defragging your hard drive can untangle the mess by reorganizing the physical location of the files on your drive and make them easier to access.
- Check to make sure your audio and video drivers are up to date. Older versions of selected sound and video cards will not work correctly with our games. ONLY download drivers suggested by your system manufacturer.
- Free up space on your hard drive by removing files and apps you no longer use.
- Scan your machine for viruses. Malware can cause your machine to perform strangely or even operate without your consent. If you don’t have antivirus software installed on your machine, you can download and install Microsoft Security Essentials for free here.