Problem: Chuhou Joutai or another Drillimation game receives no response to a key or button you press or produces unexpected results.
If neither key or button on an external keyboard or controller is working, try the following:
- Try disconnecting and reconnecting the keyboard or controller. If your controller is wired, make sure the connector is completely plugged into the port.
- Try connecting the keyboard or controller to a different USB port. If it solves the problem, your machine may need to be serviced. A service fee may also be charged.
- Take note of the color of the USB port. Some peripherals can only work on USB 3.0, denoted by a blue connector on your machine. Any other colors denote an earlier version of USB.
- Try connecting a different controller or keyboard to your machine. If it solves the problem, the controller or keyboard you’re using may be incompatible with your machine or may need to be serviced.
- If you’re using a wireless keyboard or controller and your controller is showing a low battery alert that in some cases you can’t see, try plugging in your controller to charge or replace the batteries.
If a certain key or button doesn’t work:
- Try holding down the button longer. For example, some buttons such as the power button on an Xbox One or Series X/S controller have a slight delay in order to prevent immediate responses if they are pressed accidentally. Push and hold the power button until you see a blinking light. After a couple of seconds, the light will go solid.
- If no other buttons/keys work, you may have accidentally set an option that changes how your controller operates. Try resetting your keyboard or controller to factory settings.
If none of the above worked, try these other solutions:
- Make sure you are playing the latest version of the game. Bugs can also cause this issue.
- Install all available updates until your computer reports it is up to date.
- Scan your machine for viruses. Malware can cause your machine to perform strangely or even operate without your consent. If you don’t have antivirus software installed on your machine, you can download and install Microsoft Security Essentials for free here.
- If a specific app is causing it, close it and/or uninstall it. There is a possibility you may have found a bug in the app, and contact the app’s developer to see if there is an update.