Problem: You try to extract a .zip file on a Windows PC and you receive an error with the above-mentioned code.
If you receive an error when you attempt to extract the .zip formats of Chuhou Joutai or another Drillimation product, this can happen if the permission settings for extracting zip folders on your PC have been tampered with, but can also happen if system files on your machine are corrupt and/or mismatched with other files.
To fix the error, you will need to reset the permission settings to the default level. Follow these steps:
- Right click on the file and go to Properties.
- Under the Security Tab, check if the Owner should be “SYSTEM” in the Advanced tab.
- Check the save on your hard drive under C:\Users\<username>
- Check to make sure the users you signed into Windows is your Microsoft account. Make sure the permissions are “Full Control”. If they are not present, add the logged in user.
- Check the folder again. If the same user is missing Permission Entry, add a Full Control entry to that user. You should be able to extract folders again.
If the issue persists even after trying the above, either one of the following may have happened:
- You may be using outdated and/or corrupted drivers
- System files on your machine may be corrupt and/or mismatched with other files
- You may have a virus or malware infection on your device
- Some applications or services running on your machine may be causing the problem
To fix the problem if the other has failed to correct it, follow these steps:
- Open the Command Prompt. Search “cmd” in the search box to open it.
- Right click on Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator. If you’re asked for an administrator password, enter the password and click OK.
- In the Command Prompt window, type “sfc /scannow”. Push Enter and your computer will begin scanning for corrupted files. This may take a while, so be patient. In some cases you will need your Windows installation disc. If you don’t have the disc, contact your system manufacturer for assistance.
- If a problem is detected, Windows will fix the problem for you. Some files on your machine may have to be removed in order to fix the problem, so make sure you back up your files before continuing.
If the method above didn’t solve the problem, we recommend you use WinRAR or 7-Zip to extract the folder. These are not preinstalled on your machine, so click here to download 7-Zip for free. If the program succeeds in extracting the file, then there may be an issue with the Windows Explorer ZIP extractor. To prevent this problem in the future:
- Install all available updates until your computer reports it is up to date.
- Scan your machine for viruses. Malware can cause your machine to perform strangely or even operate without your consent. If you don’t have antivirus software installed on your machine, you can download and install Microsoft Security Essentials for free here.
- If a specific app is causing it, close it and/or uninstall it. There is a possibility you may have found a bug in the app, and contact the app’s developer to see if there is an update.