Truly, the “middle state.”
In the fictional country known as Kozan, a civil war has broken out between its inhabitants and a group of left-wingers trying to defeat its monarchy. Who’s doing it? A nasty terrorist group called SPASDOT (short for the Shintoist Province and Scarlet Devil of Team Crimson) is contributing to this. On a beautiful spring day, two recruits to the Kozanese Royal Defense Force, 14-year-olds Susumu Takajima and Kagami Ochiai, are sent out to destroy a base associated with this nasty group in Kozan’s capital city – Kozankyo. But that’s not going to be easy – dangerous bullet patterns lie ahead of you!
Meet the recruits
Susumu “Driller” Takajima
Birthdate: October 25, 1989
Blood Type: AB
Spiritual status: Half-youkai
Hobbies: Video games, programming, listening to music
If you’re a beginner and want to have some experience in the bullet patterns, The Real Driller may be your best bet! His Suspect Seekie will aim for you, albeit it only deals less damage to the enemy. His other weapon, Dragon’s Beam, is the exact same power as his regular weapon, but is a little slower.
He began his career as a programmer, who once tried to join SPASDOT, but was arrested for attempting to promote terrorism. He was released after he pleaded guilty and decided to cooperate with the Kozanese Royal Defense Force as part of his plea. His goal: find and defeat Hearthcliffe.
Birthdate: December 21, 1989
Blood type: O
Spiritual status: Pure youkai
Hobbies: Singing, meeting fans
Wanting to expect a more stiff challenge? Princess Kagami will aid you! Her Cherry Bob-omb explodes and extracts fragments upon impact. If you want the damage to go up to eleven, then the Atmosphere Laser does it well, but it’s the slowest of all the weapons. She teams up with Driller to destroy the SPASDOT stronghold in Kozankyo.
Legends say she is a princess, despite not coming from any royal blood! Actually, she descended from the daimyos (feudal lords in Japan) and her grandparents still run a daimyo family in Kozan. Looking at her, she is a pop idol sensation, resembling a costumed magical girl (her hairstyle does it well).
Screenshots show game in development. Game content not final; graphics and features subject to change.
- Operating System: Windows 7 SP1 or higher (64-bit only)
- Processor: 64-bit Intel Dual Core CPU
- Video Card: DirectX 11 or higher
- Resolution: 800×600 or higher
- Hard Drive Space: 103 MB
- RAM: 1GB or higher
- Controllers: Keyboard or Bluetooth-compatible gamepad
Click here to download the demo.
- Added a special “fourth” stage playable only in Free Play Mode.
- New intro. Some players complained that the intro was excessively long and confusing, so it had to be simplified along the way.
- Fixed an issue where the Enter key would not confirm on some menus.
- Some players complained that the introduction and tutorial were a little lengthy. We added an option to let you skip them entirely.
- The tutorial can now be completed a lot faster, just by pushing the A button, although repeatedly like in an RPG.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the game to randomly crash after getting KO’d.
- Fixed an issue with the text on the name entry screen not displaying properly.
- Compressed all the audio to .OGG, as the original file size ended up taking and entire gigabyte.
- Initial release.
Chuhou Joutai is a trademark of Drillimation Systems. All rights reserved.